Usually, it’s the music that smokes at Floyd’s legendary Friday Night Jamboree but something else got too hot this night as smoke billowed out in the Carhartt area of the Country Store, forcing staff to evacuate the crowd just as the dancing section of the evening began.

Firemen from Station 1 responded quickly as the crowd waited on the street. Firemen quickly located the source — believed to come from overheated electrical equipment — and secured the scene. Soon, musicians returned to the stage, patrons returned to the dance floor and the evening continued.